- After a year of renovations and preparations, I am happy to invite you to visit me in my new studio this year, studio Haiku, as I work on new projects and exhibits. Dreaming this studio into being has been a labor of love. So many exciting things coming up!
- I’ve got two Commissions Projects that will be completed the spring of 2018 that are very near and dear to my heart. More on both of them – soon!
- Show: February 14, 2018 at Studio Haiku (we will celebrate the release of a series I’ve been working on for the last two years).
- Visit instagram/studiohaiku.design to see what’s new in our new showroom. Beautiful artwork, hand-crafted furniture, poetry and installations. You are just going to love this space 🙂
- And many haiku prints will be available for Christmas! Printed as 5×7 on heavy, textured paper, they are small treasure of images and words arranged. To see more visit: instagram/tuliptea
2016 HOLIDAY POP-UPS
RED HERRING LOUNGE
Intermediate Encaustic Workshop March 12 + 13, 2016
Natalie Salminen Rude
Saturday and Sunday, March 12 & 13, 2016
$250 ($300 non-members) + $45 supply fee paid to instructor
Lincoln Center for Arts Education – Duluth, Minnesota
Explore techniques beyond the basics of encaustic, while refining previous encaustic knowledge. Morning demos include building texture, exploring gold leaf, and continued use of the torch and mixed media collage. Afternoons reserved for developing your own work. Intermediate level. Space is limited. Register here.
NEW WORK / KRUK GALLERY
University Wisconsin – Superior
Department of Visual Arts
October 5-30, 2015
Opening Reception: October 8th, 5:00-7:00pm
I’m pleased to announce I’ll be showing new work at the Kruk Gallery this October. As an alumna of UWS, I’m very excited and find it a great privilege to be showing work where my art education formally began. Celebrate this coming-full-circle moment with myself and with painter Adam McCauley, UWS alum and Duluth resident, who will also be showing current work.
The show will exhibit my first body of work since returning to Minnesota in 2014.
THE ART OF ENCAUSTIC
Natalie Salminen Rude
Saturday & Sunday, October 17 + 18, 2015
9am – 4pm
$280 ($320 non-members) + $45 supply fee paid to instructor
Encaustic is an ancient medium consisting of beeswax, resin and pigment. Working in layers, heat is used to fuse each layer together onto a rigid surface, creating a unique and luminous surface. Learn about the essentials in this very unique introductory workshop; the history of the medium, fundamental techniques and mixed media additions. Space is limited.
In this intermediate class, students will dive further into the medium by exploring texture, mixed media additions, gold leaf and more. Students will also be given open studio time.
Click to register –> Classes for Adults via the Duluth Art Institute.